21.9.11

MADE WITH LOVE IN NAIROBI








This is probably my favourite post to date; I remember reading this month issue of iD magazine, which featured a 4 or 6 page spread of the Vivienne Westwood Accessory campaign. I thought it was so cool, a great juxtaposition of Vivienne's accessories and the raw and harsh reality of Africa.

I wanted to gain an insight into the correlation of such a campaign, and what the brand were trying to achieve or draw awareness to. I wondered if it was just another exploitation of Africa and I am very thrilled that its purpose is to empower and inspire the women of Africa who have a strong desire to improve their lives.

In partnership with the International Trade Centre; in the Ethical Fashion Programme Westwood has created a collection that will aid over 7,000 women enabling them to raise the standard of their lives by creating jobs, assisting with medical expenses and the education of young children.

No comments:

Post a Comment